July 25, 2013

Headboard DIY

The reason I have been missing: Enjoying some good weather, the beach and familytime and the process of making my own headboard. :)

Remember this inspiration moodboard I did:


Well after I posted this my fingers started to itch a bit, that and my wanting to get it done, I went to get some materials.
It was a fun Project to do, even though it took up most of my livingroom...

Had to do the DIY'ing after work and only for  about 30 min at a time, which made it take longer than it should have done. :)

 
Halfway through the Project. A tip...if you do have say garage or a area where you don't spend that much time in it would be preferable. But if you don't...the livingroom works great. :)
 
 

The finished Headboard before any stain were put on it.
Really love how it turned out. You can easily do it in a few hours, but since I live in a apartmentbuilding I had to keep the noise down a bit. Don't think my neighbours would had loved me if I kept it going at night.The plans I followed (did some changes to the measurements to fit what I had) I found at Ana White's website.

I bought the timber already smooth/sanded and cut to precise length so the final cost for it was a bit more than originally planned. For me it worked out for the best, since I had nowhere to do the cutting, sanding etc.

Next: The finished Headboard in place

No comments:

Post a Comment