July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

This is or was...no...still is my favourite holiday from when I lived in America. First time around was back in 2001...I was 20 years old and it was my first trip that far away from home. Remember some of us Au-pairs went in to Washington D.C at night to see the fireworks at the Mall. To sum it up in one word would be....WET!!!! :)

It started to rain...and it rained cats and dogs, I tell ya. I don't think I have ever been so wet ever...

One man's comment to all of us in the metro car on the way home paints the picture for you:

" Did y'all jump into the Reflecting Pool or something?" (he laughed when he said it too)

For those of you who don't know what the Reflecting pool is then take a look at this:


See the pool or basin of water infront of the building??!! Well that is the Reflecting pool. Where I stood to take this shot is pretty much accurate of where we stood waiting for the Fireworks to begin.
We waited for an hour or so...chatting up different people that were waiting with us. Remember these Italian guys...not sure if we played a game with them or not.

Pille, you remember???!!



Anyway...they got a 15 min window where the clouds seemed to disappear and up the Fireworks went.

Magnificent...

This is a holiday I like, with the parades, cheers and food! :)

Happy 4th to ya! Or Happy Independance day....if you wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment