August 20, 2010

I passed

Today it felt like friday! Have been really tired for days now and today of all days were the worst. By noon I could easily gone to bed. Can say i did a private cheer inside when I clocked out from work...:)

On the bikeride home i debated wheather I should go out and do some Powerwalking when i got home. It was interesting to say the least. But out I went, despite the doctors "orders". I had a minor in and out procedure earlier this week at the hospital and the doctor said that exercise isn't the top priority for the following week or two. I have had nasal congestion for a long time now and no one has been able to figure out why. So after a few meetings with the doctor she decided that we should try and burn my mucous membranes. So that is what I did this monday, it only took like 30 minutes or so and didn't hurt that much. Anyway, she (the doctor) said that I should stay away from exercise since my nose would swell up and get congested a.k.a hard to breathe.
But I kind of overlooked it and went anyway, I will blame it on the junk food I have had the last week too. I needed a way to shed some of the extra weight off. Don't worry I won't overdue it...taking it nice and slow. :)

This is where the tempations come in...on my nice brisk and sweaty and normal route walk, I smelled something divine. We have a local bakery in the outskirts of city centre and my route takes me a half of a mile away from it, and they were baking!!!! The Scent...OH MY......

...yum....

I almost turned around and raided my freezer for some sweet goods!
I said almost!! I stood my ground and continued...and then....

...a divine smell flew by my nostrils....

someone were barbacueing!!!!

That is where I thought about turning around again...

but nope...I stuck to it and finished!!

I passed the test fate had instore for me...

...and came home and had a zucchini-chocolate muffin....



(I did not sucumb to the temptation...not during the walk anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment