March 19, 2010

DIY project

An emty frame, some chalkboard vinyl and Voilá!!



What you will need for this is following:
An empty frame (or just one you don't use)
Chalkboard vinyl (or you can paint a board with Chalkboard paint)
and...

some flowers
acrylic paint
crackle paint
and other embellishments

Will show you below the steps I did to make this project


First you strip the frame bare, and prep it for painting.


I put 2 layers of red acrylic paint,

Then I put on a layer of Crackle Paint from Ranger Products, this one is
called "Old Paper". Wanted to get the aged look.

(imagine a photo here of me putting on the crackle paint)


After the Crackle paint is dry I then used Distress Ink "Walnut stain", to
age it a bit more and so the crackle paint didn't stand out to much.

After that I attached my flower (with glue) and stapled on the ribbon.

Only took me half a day or so....all depends on the drying time and I
just let it sit on my craftstation and everytime i walked by I just added something.

The Chalkboard Vinyl I used I think I bought either at A.C Moore or Michaels, the last
trip I made to U.S last year. But I know there are inexpensive Chalkboard paint out there.

Go and Create! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment